padding-5;

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

WEEK 11-4th

There is not another race I want to be on the podium more than the Washington 500, and it will have to wait another year. I finished 4th. Why is this race so important to me? Because my dad would take me to it as a kid and we would watch some of the best drivers in the country battle it out. It has a ton of nostalgic value to me, and that's why I want to win it someday.

To sum up the race this year would be to say; our car just wasn't that good. We did a bunch of stuff to it during practice, but nothing made it faster. We kept at it all day, but couldn't get the thing through the corner. I opted to give up starting outside pole to try some more changes and went to the back. I got to the front by being patient and some carnage from other teams.

My funnest moment of the night was sliding across the grass avoiding a wreck and doing a perfect 360 without hitting anything. I felt like a drifter! Anyway, looking forward to the next race on August 15th.