padding-5;

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

EASTER WEEKEND

One email sent to the church really stuck a chord with our intent for Easter Eggstravagaza. Huge thank you to all those who pulled this event together! Very Cool, and there were over 1,000 people in attendance!

Hello Staff of TRC,

As my son, his friend, and I left the egg hunt at Lake Tye, we saw all your balloons...we were drawn to check it out! I was a bit hesitant, as my son's friend, Connor has never been to a church...not sure how he would react (nor his parents!).
We were greeted by such friendly parking guys - put me at ease immediately. Then the boys went from craft to craft, laughing and interacting with the other kids. The staff at these tables were so kind to the boys - thank you!
The boys were awe struck by the friendly animals, the cool game tables, the huge prizes, the great food...so much fun and enjoyment together as friends.
I wanted to let you know my son's response to the egg hunt: "Gee, Mom, the other hunt only had one candy in each of the eggs...this place gave four!!" Yes, we both noticed how generous your church is. Yeah, it is only candy, but the principle that Christians are generous really hit home with him...when his friend did not find as many eggs as he did, he immediately offered some of his. He said, "Conner, I have plenty, have some of mine." So your generosity has touched at the heart of things today...thank you so much!
Conner's comment was, "Church isn't so bad, I like it!" Thank you for a first great impression of God and His people!
You have been a blessing to our family today - thank you so very much! Barbara