padding-5;

Saturday, July 12, 2008

MID SEASON RACE TEAM CHANGE

It is the early morning hours before Saturday's race. I spent the evening tracking down the necessities for race day. We worked on the car and found two major issues. First, the welds on the frame were broke in three spots. Second, the sway bar arm on the right side was bent due to the force applied to it in the last race. Roger helped me fix both issues and because these are critical components I'm expecting a fast car later today. I think both hindered our performance in the last race.

It was also week of big change as one of my crew members decided to hang up the stop watch for other things. Michael Bull has been helping me since I started racing last year. He's been around racing along time and has been a big part of the 70 program. This change came as a surprise, but I've got a great bunch of people around me. I'm really anticipating great things as the team shuffles responsibilities to make up for the change. Already I've gotten some important phone calls and encouragement, change is good.

Joe Gibbs, owner of the 18, 20 and 11 Sprint Cup cars has a long time slogan, "You win with people." I couldn't agree more. It takes people to win in a race car. I'm thrilled for the future in the seventy camp.