padding-5;

Sunday, June 1, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Here are my high points from the weekend services at The Rock today!

  • The time change was phenomenal! I loved the energy in the 1st service and 2nd service was super full and capable of growing some more. This bold move was the right move.
  • Pre-service prayer time left me speechless. There were so many people and they were so passionate about prayer today!
  • I thought more than once, "The atmosphere in this place is like brand new!"
  • Today's message was challenging to share. Anytime you talk about serving in the church in our American culture there will be stiff necked people who would rather consume than contribute.
  • I stand by what I said, "If you don't serve in your church, you don't know jack about church. Until you've served, you cannot understand what it means to be connected."
  • Thank the Lord for the potted plant illustration, it eased the tension.
  • But it's so true, until we are planted in the house of the lord, we cannot flourish in the courts of our God!
  • Thank you to those who were responding to the message and allowed the Lord to touch your heart.
  • The future of The Rock is way brighter than the past!
  • I had people asking me about where they could get involved. Here is a great place to start. This is a current list of open places to serve.
  • Congrats to Todd and Staci on their new baby!!! Have I mentioned the baby boom at TRC? It's pretty remarkable.
  • Speaking of babies, word to the wise, if you want your kids in service, which should be plan b (nursery should be plan A or Infant Care Room), sit near the back with an easy spot to exit the worship center.
  • Did I mention the extra hour of sleep on Sunday AM was phenomenal!!!
  • That video Ryan did to the song Infiltration was sic! Great job Ryan...should be up on youtube eventually.
  • Well, that's pretty much it.
I travel Monday and Tuesday this week to Boise Idaho to meet about the National Prayer Center. I would ask for your prayers as we fly the friendly skies!