padding-5;

Monday, June 30, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS: RACING

Saturday was mid-season championships. It was also the first race on the 5/8's mile BIG track. We had a decent car through practice, qualifying and the race, but dodged a bullet when the left front hub bearing began to disintegrate. I ended up 7th on the night, avoided a big wreck and had a few sweet moves. It was a ton of fun. The heat was extreme. I would have liked to finish a bit higher, but the car is in one piece, and 7th is respectable.

Here is a recap of my season goals as of mid season championship night.

Goal: To be top 5 in points by season end.
Mid Season: I am 4th by one point.

Goal: To win one race.
Mid Season: I have 1 win, and plan on winning again.

Goal: To run strong each week.
Mid Season: I've had a strong car every week.

Goal: To have fun.
Mid Season: It's a competitive fun each week.

Goal: To make new friends.
Mid Season: I have many new friends this year.

Goal: To lead someone to Christ.
Mid Season: Have lead 2 people to Christ.

Goal: To have a weekly devotional at the track.
Mid Season: Instead of a devotional I get to pray at the pit meeting each week. That's cool. But, I just got my devotional books last week, so I'm going to get the team reading them for the 2nd half of the season.

Congrats to Jason Fraser, Naima Lang and Kelly Mann for their podium finishes on Saturday.