padding-5;

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS: RACING


What a weekend! We are just getting ready to leave Eastern Washington this Tuesday morning. I've been totally disconnected, cell phone and internet.

Saturday we snuck away and competed in the ASA Northwest Tour. This is a step up in division for me and I really went over there to test the car for the larger 5/8's track at Monroe, we have a race in June on the big track. Anyway, I qualified 5th! I was blown away. I was 4 tenths quicker than the last time I was in Yakima, so it was the high point of the day, I thought.

We lined up on the grid and I was third row inside. By the end of the night I was 3rd! I won my first trophy in a late model! I have to say, when I rolled the car off the trailer I didn't think it was possible to be on the podium. I was glad to qualify so well and most glad that the car was so good because that will help us when we go back to Monroe this weekend. To come home 3rd was quite a surprise and made for some fun stories!

Here is an article about the event.