padding-5;

Thursday, April 24, 2008

FUNDRAISING

Fund raising is tough stuff. I haven't met a person yet who was born with enough money to accomplish their life's work. Likewise there are not too many people who wake up everyday thinking that fund raising is the best part of their job. At The Rock Church I am the CFO, Chief Fund-raising Officer. It's not the most glamorous position on the team, but because I so enjoy what fund raising can do in helping people find the Jesus, nurturing others and impacting situations in my community I am willing to do it!

I was writing some personal checks today and came across a letter from my friends in South Dakota who have big vision. Their daughter is going after Miss South Dakota 2008, and she was raising some money via support letter, which I think is great. I wanted to write a check; in fact, I had it written out and when it was time to address the check there was no address in the letter. Hopefully she will read this post and send me the address.

Here is what struck me; how many times have people wanted to give funds to my raising, but I didn't give them the right information? They simply concluded it was too difficult to get me the funds and gave somewhere else. If you're fund raising for your little league, church group, mission trip, internship, college trip or medical emergency do one thing, make sure those you are talking to know where to send the money!