padding-5;

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

WEEKEND REFLECTIONS

Thoughts about the weekend of Sept 29-30.

I'm Going to be a DAD!
If you were to tell me this at the beginning of this year I would have said, "Keep praying." But today it is a reality and I cannot seriously go through a single hour without thinking about what it means. I'm so stoked about being a dad!!!!

I drove my best this weekend.
Every week this summer I raced against the local guys at Evergreen Speedway. Most of the time that is about 12-16 cars. This weekend at the Fall Classic I they started 37 cars in my class. I had some learning moments for sure, but I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FUN IT IS TO RACE A CAR! Seriously, I can't wait for next year as the season is over.

Travis, Youth Pastor
As I went away for the weekend Travis stepped in for the 1st time on a Sunday morning. All the reports I received were positive. Travis is the real deal and as a team he and Gia (his wife) are shaping into some of the best leaders The Rock Church has ever produced.

Quote of the day today:
"I can't believe you do two services every week." Paraphrase of Travis today when he was reflecting on Sunday. It's true, when you pour your guts out to preach, doing it twice a day takes a ton of energy. I remember when I was doing three and can't wait to do three again.

Conflicted:
There are seasons when pastoring that there is a lot of conflict in peoples lives. I wish it didn't but ultimately it affects my countenance. The criticisms, mistakes made, hurtful accusations and challenges suck the life right out of me. At the same time there is all this amazing good happening in peoples lives. It's polar opposite because in the midst of one situation that seems impossible to repair there are other situations that were impossible and they ARE being repaired. It's like one person is mad for the way things are done, but the same day another person, who was mad, comes in and asks forgiveness for judging the way things are done. It happened like that recently.

When this happens I have to get a Kingdom perspective. I have to realize that Kingdom work is what lasts and remains. Sometimes the difficulties cause me to worry, but really it is about His KINGDOM. Sometimes I have to push away from the situations and see life as it relates to the Kingdom.

Leaders
We have the best teams at The Rock Church. It is demonstrated every time I go out of town on a Sunday. Thanks to all of you who make TRC life possible.

Oh yeah, after a correction by our fantasy football host on the game I tied, I am now 4 wins and zero losses! YES!