padding-5;

Friday, May 25, 2007

ENJOY MEMORIAL DAY


Memorial Day is upon us!

  • Tell a soldier and a veteran you appreciate them.
  • Teach your kids the meaning of Memorial Day.
  • Remember a story about war your grandfather told you.
  • Say the pledge of allegiance.
  • Go to church this Sunday and thank the Lord for freedom.
  • Pray for our leaders in every branch of government (executive, legislative, judicial) and at every level of government (federal, state, and local.)
  • Remember redemption.

Jeff and Melinda's Weekend at a glance:

I am looking forward to a light-weight weekend. Tonight, Friday, Melinda and I travel to Ellensburg as I am speaking at the State High School Rodeo Championships in the morning. I am looking forward to sharing some thoughts on life. Saturday is wide-open as we have no race this weekend, so we are planning to hang out in E-burg where we went to college and then maybe head to Yakima to watch the tour race. Sunday there is going to be some church going on at TRC, then Monday is a day to hang with my wife.

There is not anyone I would rather spend a holiday weekend with other than Melinda. When we are together we laugh, sing, tease, share, look, dream, reflect and so much more. When we were in college and had about 6 dollars in our checking account we would fill up the 1984 Honda CRX (yes, for 6 dollars) and drive a couple hundred miles just talking and laughing. I think that is what the next couple days are going to be like. I am loading the ipod up with some of our favorites tunes and we will be off on a road trip!