padding-5;

Friday, April 6, 2007

THAT'S ONE: "COUNT IT"

Tonight I was running around Lake Tye wearing my REASON EASTER shirt. About half way I ran into a TRC'er, Jennifer Chavez, and we were chatting it up for a few moments to my right riding down the path was a guy on his bike with fishing pole in one hand and tackle box in another. He about crashes his bike bringing it to a stop.

I look to him and ask, "Are you alright?" He says in an angry voice, "NO, I AM NOT OK, I'M A MESS."

I recognized his eyes, like he knew who I was and I inquired, "What is goin on?" He went on to tell me his struggles with sin, alcoholism and other junk. He was in the dumps just hoping that an evening of fishing would help him cope.

I asked him, "Are you saved?" He said that he thought he was. I asked him, "How do you know?" He said, "Because I feel Jesus on the inside of me." I said, "Good, you have the inner witness." (1 John 3:24). I asked him, "How else do you know?" He said some stuff about Jesus dieing, and being resurrected and that he knew when he was living right and living wrong. I went deeper, "Do you have remorse for your sin and desire live for God?" He said, "Yes, I do." I told him, "Bro, you're saved!" (1 John 3:9). I then looked at him and said, "You will also know that you are saved by your love for people--it increases." (1 John 4:7-8).

At that point he broke like a twig and began to weep. I grabbed him, laid my hands on him and prayed over him in Jesus Name. After we prayer I told him that Peter was a fisherman and that Peter was not perfect, but that Jesus Christ in Peter made Peter to be an amazing man of God. I told Jim he was on his way and that he better be in church on Sunday! He said he would!

He got on his bike, and I walked on. As we parted he was praising God for the sunset, the lake and the amazing life he had with Jesus Christ.

I can honestly say, and I am pretty sure Jennifer will attest, this guy may not have made it through the night. He was pretty bent; pretty angry with himself. He may have found Jesus before, but today his salvation was secure!

It's only Friday, Sunday's COMIN'!