padding-5;

Monday, March 5, 2007

Home Sweet Home~!

Landed in Seattle at about 11 am today! Always good to be back on the home turf. Melinda and the interns return tonight from a week in Mexico. 7 days without my wife is way too long!!!

Yesterday, Roger and I attended church at New Spring in Anderson, SC. I want to give a shout out to Tony Morgan and Perry Noble for welcoming us. They have a strong vision and a fantastic church! I enjoyed the music, the message and the pens given out at the door. No kidding, they loan people pens to take notes,then on the way out there is an usher with a basket to collect the pens. I don't know why I thought that was so cool, but I am ordering pens this week!

Roger and I were able to talk with some amazing people like Jeff Chitam, publicist for Ken Schraeder and the #21 Little Debbie/Air Force Nextel Cup car; Ron Pegram, COO of Woods Bros./JTG Racing; Tony Morgan, a simply strategic guy; and Perry Noble, Senior Pastor of New Spring Church in SC. In each instance I felt blessed just to be there!

Not too mention, I drove 50 laps around Atlanta Motor Speedway at 120+ mph. OK, I know, it doesn't sound super fast, but that is through the turns also! Then Roger and I rode shotgun around Lowe's Motor Speedway with some pros at 150+. Now that is fast!

We ate good food at the Waffle House, Texas Steak House and the Cracker Barrel! Only the South has those restaurants. They have Waffle House's like we have Starbucks!

In the end we put 800 miles on our rental car, stayed in 4 different hotels, saw 1 NFL player with body guards up close, but I didn't recognize him, touched a Cup "Car of Tomorrow" and slept a combine total of about 21 hours over 4 nights! In fact, I think I may nap right now and dream about racing:)

I'll check in tomorrow! Only 10 days until Mitosis!!!