padding-5;

Monday, February 12, 2007

Cool Post for today!

My day off is Monday. I protect Monday like a dog over a bowl of fresh beef. However, the blog entices me. It tempts me to check in on it now and then. There were two great comments made today and I had to highlight them.

First, Dave wrote: was working from home today and got a call from a neighbor I've known for three years or so. We talked for about 30 minutes but near the end he asked me where I was going so early on Sunday mornings. That really made me feel inadequate as a Christian. I've known this man for three years he knows I'm a Christian, he knows I go to church, and we are good friends. But I never asked him if he went to church, or if he is saved. I asked him the {big question). If you died tonight do you know for sure you would go to heaven? He said he thought so and that he was baptized 4 times. Long story short he came from a Catholic background, but is NOW! saved. Praise God! This is all good but it gave me a HUGE wake up call. It took me 3 years to find this out about him? Slap me! The people closest to me are the ones I least share Jesus with. I'm fired up now and I'm praying that the fire will keep burning. Love The Rock Church.

Way to go Dave!!! Keep it up! There is nothing more inspiring than real people being Christ followers and leading others to do the same. I will have a better week knowing Dave had this experience.

Secondly, Tim wrote: I want to purchase some tires for your upcoming races. Where can I go and put some dollars on an account?

Now I would be a fool to pass up the "gifts of Goodyear!" Tim, you and anyone who wants, can support the #70 KNIGHTROUS.com; TRC; Chevrolet (getting pretty good at the sponsor thing) by buying gifts certificates at Concept Racing. The number is 360-805-5169 and ask for Lex. They are also conveniently located in the building directly behind our church.
Third, David Gilliland of California set the pole at Daytona International Speedway. He is a rookie in his first race at Daytona! That is quite an accomplishment. One thing that makes it cool, he is from the West Coast. One Day I hope one of our drivers gets a shot at the big time!
Well, have a great week...Make sure to set the TIVO for the Daytona 500 this Sunday. It is way better to watch a race with fast forward control!!!